Composite Ground Wire/ Fiber Optics/ Optical Fiber
1) OPGW is a type of cable structure with a composite of optical transmission and overhead ground wires for power transmission. Its advantage comes from transmitting power as both an optical fiber cable and overhead ground wire, protecting the system from lightning strikes.
2) The OPGW consists of a stainless steel tube optical unit, aluminum cladding steel wire, and aluminum alloy wire. It has a central stainless steel tube structure and layer stranding structure. We can design the structure according to different environment conditions and customer requirements.
1) Stainless-steel optical fiber unit of central loose tube or layer stranding structure
2) Aluminum alloy wire and aluminum clad steel wire armored
3) Coated with anticorrosive grease between layers
4) OPGW can support heavy loads and long span installations
5) OPGW can meet the ground wire‘s mechanical and electrical requirements by adjusting proportions of steel and aluminum.
3. Application properties:
1) Suitable for the replacement of aged ground wire and new structure of high voltage ground wires.
2) Lighting and short circuit protection
3) Optical fiber communication ability
|Number /diameter(mm) of stainless steel tube||1/3.5||2/2.4||2/2.6||2/2.8||1/3.0|
|Number /diameter of AL wire(mm)||0/3.5||12/2.4||12/2.6||12/2.8||12/3.0|
|Number /diameter of ACS wire(mm)||6/3.5||5/2.4||5/2.6||5/2.8||6/3.0|
|Diameter of Cable (mm)||10.5||12.0||13.0||14.0||15.0|
|Cable weight (kg/km)||415||320||374||432||527|
|DC resistance(200C W/km)||1.36||0.524||0.448||0.386||0.327|
|Modulus of elasticity(Gpa)||162.0||96.1||95.9||95.6||97.8|
|coefficient of Linear thermal expansion(1/°C×10-6)||12.6||17.8||17.8||17.8||17.2|
|Short circuit capacity (kA²s)||24.0||57.3||78.9||105.8||150.4|
|Max. operation temperature (°C)||200||200||200||200||200|
|Max. fiber count||48||32||48||52||30|
5. Typical Structure: